Saturday 30 April 2011

Race Report (Runaway Bay)

Today the local Gold Coast race was held at the Runaway Bay Luke Harrop cycling track.  Due to the large multi stage event held down at salt, the Battle on the Border, there was not the usual large fields instead there was about 15 in c grade and 11 in the a and b combined race.  I was in the a and b combined race which surprisingly turned out to be a good race despite the lack of numbers.  Instead everyone was required to work and there was plenty of attacks as the possibility of a break succeeding was increased.  I would've attacked at least 5 times throughout the race, not because I thought it was the winning move but because it was fun.  Racing without attacking for me is boring.  There is no better feeling than asserting and demonstrating your strength over others with a quick acceleration.  In the end no one from the race got away and I came into the final corner in 1st position.  Unfortunately I was overtaken by 2 rides with 10 meters to go, giving me a close 3rd place position.  I was happy with this result, although in hindsight I could've probably given a bit more in the sprint.  Hats off must go to the organizers at cats cycling club for still holding the race, as there was beautiful weather and good racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment