Friday 29 April 2011

Finding The Best Cycling Routes

What I find is one of the greatest part of cycling, is the adventure of finding new, better and quiet cycling routes.  I have been in the process of doing this for over 2 months now since the move of house.  I have nearly completed my explorations with only a few more routes to traverse before I am comfortable with the knowledge that I know the most important cycling routes on the gold coast.  Through these explorations I have found what I believe are routes which are perfect for all sorts of training.  There is the 1km computer street industrial circuit only 2 km from my house, which is perfect for speed training.  There is the long and steady ascent of beechmont, with its 6% gradient for 10 or so kilometers, which is perfect for strength training and sitting down climbing.  Aswell as numerous short sharp climbs in and around Hinze Dam that are perfect to increase power and work on standing.  I am happy with what I have found so far in this part of the Gold Coast, and will continue to search for better rides for as long as I cycle.  Happy exploring everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment